We are seeking an HR Manager responsible for the creation and implementation of HR plans to attract, develop and engage. She / he must be a high-energy professional, who is responsive and supportive of staff at all levels to help them be more productive and successful in their jobs. The HR Manager will be a true business partner to the COO, helping to manage, grow, retain, and bring new talent into the company. It is essential that the HR Manager is a positive and solutions-oriented role model who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion and interest in HR as a profession, have working knowledge of the human resources function, strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
This role will be responsible for the HR function for Daggerwing Group, serving as the primary lead for the US and Canada, while supporting UK and Singapore offices. She / he will achieve success by:
- Building strong relationships with employees and helping manage all dimensions of employee relations
- Optimizing resource levels through creation of new positions, recruitment of new hires, and processing of terminations; partner with talent recruiters for new hires, as necessary
- Proactively building talent pipeline using LinkedIn and other online recruiting tools; maintaining internal recruiting database
- Overseeing employee Health and Welfare benefits programs, supporting annual rollout and helping to trouble shoot issues with plans, as needed
- Understanding regulatory, legal, and administrative changes impacting employee benefits programs; liaise with parent company to further knowledge
- Implementing and coordinating employee performance review process for all staff and senior leaders, ensuring performance standards and evaluations are effectively conducted
- Providing coaching and counseling to employees in areas such as conflict resolution and career development; serve as objective ombudsmen to field employee concerns and raise to senior leadership, as appropriate
- Completing new hire administration and assisting with payroll process
- Overseeing on-boarding process and new hire integration into organization
- Communicating internal policies and procedures, as well as HR standards to all employees
- Maintaining and safeguarding all employee files
- Fielding requests from parent company as appropriate
- Working with senior leadership to establish career development plans for all employees
- Developing and promoting Daggerwing’s Core Values and reinforcing such values across relevant touch points in the organization
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Overseeing the exiting process of employees leaving the company
- Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources and Recruitment, ideally at an agency or similar fast-paced professional services setting; Omnicom agency experience is preferred
- Experience working with payroll systems such as ADP
- Knowledge of US Health and Wellness benefits
- Deep familiarity with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Proven track record in successfully implementing HR programs
- Experience dealing with complex employee relations
- Experience in talent acquisition
- Experience with Visas and immigration laws is a plus
- Strong influence management, problem solving, mediation and decision making skills
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Stellar interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Windows in a Mac environment – preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or related fields; PHR/SPHR certification is a plus.
This position will be based in New York and may require occasional travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will be compensated with an industry-competitive compensation package that consists of base salary, 401(k), a flexible benefit plan including medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, appropriate vacation time, Employee Assistance Program, employee stock purchase plan, profit sharing, as well as other considerations.
About the Company
Daggerwing Group Inc. (a member of Omnicom Group Inc.) manages a growing range of consulting, agency and specialized services. The unifying driver for all of our lines of business is a focus on helping clients improve business results by changing customer behavior.
Leading divisions include:
Daggerwing Group, a specialized marketing consulting firm that helps senior executives at Fortune 250 firms change, improve or fix how the total company engages with its customers.
Daggerwing Health, a marketing agency dedicated to improving health outcomes for patients and serving clients in pharmaceutical, hospital system, advocacy, medical device and payer categories.
For more information, visit: www.daggerwinggroup.com